This is a critical part of being a successful leader in your MLM, network marketing or direct sales business. Most people can detect if you are being fake or insincere. Do you really want your MLM downline to think this about you? It would be a huge detriment to your success, as well as their’s. Doing business does not have to be cold and calculating. Studies have shown that people respond better and work harder for leaders that genuinely care about them.
What does it mean to genuinely care? Well, it means that you are interested in everything about a person. Not just what they can bring to the table business wise. What are their hobbies, lifestyle, strengths and weaknesses? You know. The things that make a person who they are. If you know a big life event is coming up don’t wait a week after it has occurred to contact them! This can come off as disingenuous.
If you want to have a dream team that will bend over backwards and jump through hoops to succeed you have to stay up-to-date on what is going on in their personal lives. Making strong memorable connections is the most important skill you can learn as a business leader.
Here are some tips that can help:
1.) Take notes and review them often until you don’t have to anymore. This can help if you have a fairly new or large team. This also helps when meeting new prospects for you MLM downline. Imagine how they would feel the next time you connect with them and you mention something that is significant or personal about them like family, pets, hobbies, etc.
2.) Use reminders in your calendar. This is a huge help when you need to remember big life events that will be coming up in your MLM downline members’ future. For example: A birth of a baby, a big trip, graduation, birthdays, holidays, wedding days, etc.
3.) Ask many questions. The best way to get to know people is to ask them questions, lots of questions. Here are some questions that you can use:
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- What is your favorite game or sport?
- Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- If money was no object, what would you do all day?
- What are your hobbies?
- How would your friends describe you?
- If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
- If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
- What was the last book you read?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Do you collect anything?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Tell me about your family. Are you married? Do you have children?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- Do you speak more than one language?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- What is your favorite food dish?
- Do you like to travel? If so, where have you been?
I hope you found this post helpful and will share it or leave a comment! If you would like to connect with me please reach out to me using my “Contact Me” form in the menu above or find me on social media. I would love to hear from you.